Pumpkin & Chickpea Curry
This is wholesome hearty food at it’s best. This delicious pumpkin & chickpea curry has all the flavours which you’d come to expect from Monday Morning Cooking Club & it’s an easy pantry friendly meal which can be whipped up quickly for those busy mid week dinners. Featuring delicious ingredients like these beautiful chickpeas from Monjardin organic, our butter chicken paste and coconut cream.
- 500 g Japanese (Kent) pumpkin cubed
- 2 birds eye chillies deseeded and sliced
- 1/2 tsp (each) ground cinnamon & coriander
- 1 tsp Tasman Sea Salt and to taste
- 2 tbsp Pons Green Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 onion chopped
- 50 g Simon Johnson Butter Chicken Paste half jar
- 680 g Monjardin Organic Chickpeas rinsed & drained
- 400 ml Simon Johnson coconut cream
- 150 g baby spinach leaves
- 1 lime juiced
- 1/2 bunch coriander chopped, for garnish (optional)
- steamed jasmine rice to serve
Preheat the oven to 200℃. In a roasting pan, toss the pumpkin with the cinnamon, coriander and salt. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon of the oil and toss again. Roast for 20 minutes.
In the meantime, saute the onion in the remaining oil in a large deep frying pan for 20 minutes or until soft. Add the Butter Chicken Paste and saute for a few minutes until fragrant. Add the pumpkin and the chickpeas and toss gently to combine.
Add the coconut cream and simmer for 10 minutes, shaking the pan from time to time. Add the spinach and gently stir through. Add salt to taste, and then the lime juice.
Garnish with coriander and serve immediately with hot rice.