Smoky Chilli Baked Beans
Tracklements Smoky Chilli Sauce adds a good kick to these home-style baked beans. With flavours of Smoked Chipotle and Scotch Bonnet Chillies, it delivers a hot, sweet and sour combo. With these delicious white Plancheta beans from El Navarrico, it's the perfect make-ahead recipe for those lazy brunch dates at home as the weather cools down...
- 325g El Navarrico Plancheta Beans
- 200g speck or Guanciale cubed
- 2 dried bay leaves
- 4 garlic cloves sliced
- 1 cup Simon Johnson Passata
- 5 fresh thyme
- 1 brown onion halved
- 230ml Tracklements Smoky Chilli Sauce
- 250 ml boiled water plus more as required
- 1-2 tbsp Tasman Sea Salt plus more to taste
- cracked black pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp La Chinata Sweet Paprika
- flat leaf parsley to serve
In a large saucepan, place beans with the cubed speck, bay leaves & thyme. Add halved brown onion and sliced garlic. Cover with the smoky chilli sauce, passata & water. Add sea salt, cracked black pepper and paprika.
Stir well to combine ingredients and cook on a medium to high heat for 20 mins until warmed through. Check beans and adjust with a little more water, if required.
Check seasoning and adjust to taste with additional salt & pepper, garnish with parsley prior to serving.