Papa al Pomodoro
This delicious Tuscan soup makes use of ripe fresh tomatoes from Monjardin Organic and highlights the new season Joseph Olive Oil 2021 from Primo Estate. Best made with day old bread, it’s a comforting meal of delicious proportions!
- 660g Monjardin Organic Tomatoes
- Joseph First Run 2021
- 2-3 cloves fresh garlic
- Cravero Parmigianno Reggiano
- 1 cup day old sourdough bread remove all the crust and cut into big chunks
- freshly hand-picked basil to garnish
- salt & freshly cracked pepper to taste
- fresh chilli optional
In a large pot put plenty of EVOO and the sliced garlic. Saute garlic over a gentle heat to soften, but not to brown it.
Add the whole peeled tomatoes with all the liquid and continue to cook to reduce the liquid. Lightly break-up the whole tomatoes to release their liquid.
Remove from the heat and add enough of the bread to soak up the liquid.
Add plenty of EVOO and the hand-picked fresh basil.
Serve immediately with a good handful of freshly grated Reggiano and fresh chilli (if using).