- 1 cup fresh strawberries, halved and quartered
- 3 tbsp caster sugar
- 1 tbsp La Vecchia Dispensa Organic Grape Saba, to taste
- 1 Norohy Vanilla Pod, seeds scraped
- 500ml thickened cream
- 200ml Meander Valley Dairy Crème Fraîche
- 3/4 cup fresh strawberries, halved and quartered
- La Vecchia Dispensa Organic Grape Saba, to taste
- Line a medium sized loaf tin with some baking paper, we used a 21cm x 7cm tin.
- Combine strawberries and 2 tbsp of sugar in a small bowl. Drizzle with grape saba and mash with a fork until the strawberries soften and the juices are released. Set aside until required.
- In a large mixing bowl add the thickened cream and 1 tbsp of sugar. Add vanilla seeds to the cream and whisk until soft peaks form and the cream has thickened.
- Gently fold in the crème fraîche. Add the strawberry mixture to the bowl of cream and gently fold the strawberries in, being careful not to over mix.
- Spoon mixture into the prepared tin, smooth top with a spatula if needed.
- Cover tin with foil and freeze semifreddo for a minimum of 4-5 hours, or until firm.
- Remove semifreddo from the freezer, allowing dessert to rest for 1/2 hr at room temperature before serving. Invert semifreddo onto a plate, remove foil and any baking paper.
- Spoon fresh strawberries on top and drizzle with grape saba before serving.