Meet the Monday Morning Cooking Club. Their latest book ‘It’s Always About The Food’ is available now, in all Simon Johnson stores. Original recipe credit with thanks to Nadine Levy Redzepi.
- 300 ml Water
- 180 g Simon Johnson Carnaroli rice
- 1.25 litres Schulz organic Milk
- 2 tsp Nielsen Massey Vanilla Bean Paste Madagascar Bourbon
- 75 g caster sugar
- 1 pinch Tasman Sea Salt
- 1 litre Thickened cream
- 200 g Toasted Blanched Almonds coarsely chopped
- Agrimontana Wild Cherry Jam
Salted Caramel Cream
- Simon Johnson Salted Caramel Sauce
- 250 ml Thickened cream
- Start this recipe the day before serving. This recipe requires a large saucepan with a lid.
- In the saucepan, bring the water to boil over medium-high heat. Add the rice and cook, stirring, for 3 minutes. Add the milk and the vanilla bean paste and bring back to the boil.
- Reduce the heat to low and partially cover the pan. Simmer, stirring occasionally to avoid catching on the bottom, for 40 minutes or until most of the liquid is absorbed and the rice is tender.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the sugar and salt. Allow to cool, then cover and refrigerate overnight.
- The next day, with an electric mixer, whip the cream until stiff peaks form. Fold the cream into the rice pudding. Pour the risalamande into a serving bowl, or individual serving bowls, and sprinkle with the almonds.
- Serve with salted caramel cream and cherry jam.
Salted Caramel cream
- Gently whisk the salted caramel sauce & 1/2 cup of thickened cream together by hand until smooth. Serve immediately.