- 3 cups self raising flour
- pinch of salt
- pinch of bicarbonate soda
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 120g French salted butter melted
- French salted butter *plus extra butter to grease pan when cooking
- 5 Kangaroo Island Eggs medium size
- 1 tbsp Nielsen Massey Vanilla Paste
- 1&1/2cups full cream milk
- 200g That's Amore Buffalo Milk Ricotta available in-store at SIMON JOHNSON
- icing sugar to dust pancakes
- sliced banana garnish
- Dorset Maple Reserve Rich Amber Syrup
- Mix flour, salt, bicarb soda and sugar in a large mixing bowl, set aside.
- Whisk eggs, milk and vanilla paste in a separate bowl.
- Add melted butter to the dry ingredients, followed by the egg mix. Mix with a whisk until a smooth batter forms, batter should be thick and cake like.
- Gently fold through the ricotta, leaving some in larger lumps for texture if preferred.
- Heat frypan over a gentle heat. Add a few slivers of butter to the pan and once butter is foaming, spoon a half cup of hotcake batter into the pan.
- Cook each hotcake over a gentle heat, until the edges begins bubble and firm up. Gently flip each hotcake and cook until golden brown on each side.
- Repeat until all the batter is used, adding a few slivers of butter as you cook each hotcake as required.
- Dust hotcakes with icing sugar prior to serving in a stack, with sliced banana and maple syrup.