Free Standard Delivery for orders over $150.
- 3 cups self raising flour
- pinch of salt
- pinch of bicarbonate soda
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 120g French salted butter melted
- French salted butter *plus extra butter to grease pan when cooking
- 5 Kangaroo Island Eggs medium size
- 1 tbsp Nielsen Massey Vanilla Paste
- 1&1/2cups full cream milk
- 200g That's Amore Buffalo Milk Ricotta available in-store at SIMON JOHNSON
- icing sugar to dust pancakes
- sliced banana garnish
- Dorset Maple Reserve Rich Amber Syrup
- Mix flour, salt, bicarb soda and sugar in a large mixing bowl, set aside.
- Whisk eggs, milk and vanilla paste in a separate bowl.
- Add melted butter to the dry ingredients, followed by the egg mix. Mix with a whisk until a smooth batter forms, batter should be thick and cake like.
- Gently fold through the ricotta, leaving some in larger lumps for texture if preferred.
- Heat frypan over a gentle heat. Add a few slivers of butter to the pan and once butter is foaming, spoon a half cup of hotcake batter into the pan.
- Cook each hotcake over a gentle heat, until the edges begins bubble and firm up. Gently flip each hotcake and cook until golden brown on each side.
- Repeat until all the batter is used, adding a few slivers of butter as you cook each hotcake as required.
- Dust hotcakes with icing sugar prior to serving in a stack, with sliced banana and maple syrup.
SHOP THIS RECIPE
Like this Recipe?
More Delicious Recipes
Fish Pie with Horseradish
When we want comfort food, this fish pie delivers it all. Made with a traditional creamy béchamel sauce, with a hint of horseradish. We've
Welsh Rarebit Cob Loaf
Feed a hungry crowd with our decadent take on a Welsh Rarebit. Take one cob loaf, loaded with a delicious mustardy cheese sauce and grill to perfection. Oozy, boozy
Panettone Bread & Butter Pudding
This recipe gives the ultimate comfort food vibes. Our classic Panettone makes for a delicious addition to everyone's favourite Bread & Butter pudding, infused
Baked Eggs with Chermoula
These eggs pack a punch with the vibrant flavour of our Chermoula Paste. Chermoula is a spicy marinade made with lots of fresh sweet herbs
Raspberry Lamington Cake
We’ve taken the classic flavours of summer fruits and combined them into a Lamington cake. With no baking required, make it ahead and freeze
Chilli Prawn Stir Fry
Welcome in the Year of the Rabbit with this quick and easy stir fry, with the familiar flavours of your favourite Asian take-away, treat