- 500g Benedetto Cavalieri Rigatoni
- Tasman Sea Salt
- 150g Lescure Butter
- 2tbsp Bob and Pete’s Plain flour
- 500ml full cream milk
- 250g Comté, grated, reserve some to top the Mac n Cheese before baking
- black pepper to taste
- 1 Fresh Black Truffle, Coomer Truffles
- Pons Black Truffle Condiment
- you will need, ramekins or oven proof bowls
- Bring the pasta to boil in a large pot of salted water. Cook until al dente, for approximately 8 mins and drain. Divide between 4 oven proof bowls or ramekins and set aside on a baking tray.
- Melt butter over a gentle heat in a medium sized pan, add flour and stir to combine. Gradually add milk and continue to stir over a medium heat until the béchamel sauce begins to thicken, check seasoning and adjust with salt & pepper.
- Remove pan from heat, stir in half of the grated comté & grate a few slivers of truffle into the sauce.
- Divide sauce between each ramekin and top with extra comté.
- Bake for 15-20 mins in the oven at 180C until the top of sauce is golden brown and the cheese is bubbling on top.
- Drizzle with truffle oil & garnish with extra truffle slices prior to serving and a touch of sea salt.