Tiramisu is a luscious Italian dessert made with delicious layers of chocolate, mascarpone, vanilla sabayon & coffee.
- 4 Kangaroo Island Egg Yolks, (discard eggs whites)
- 1⁄3 cup caster sugar
- 1 tbsp Nielsen Massey vanilla bean paste
- 250 g Mauri Formaggi Mascarpone
- 1 cup Thickened cream
- 2 cups Allpress Espresso Coffee, cold
- 1 packet Savioardi sponge finger biscuits
- 2 tbsp Liqueur, either Marsala, Tia Maria or Chambord would work well
- 70 g Valrhona Guanaja 70% Chocolate, grated
- You will need a shallow casserole dish
- Bring 10cm of water to a gentle simmer in a saucepan (for bain marie).
- Whisk egg yolks, sugar and vanilla paste in a heat proof bowl over the simmering water, until light & fluffy (sabayon stage). Mixture will double in volume. Turn off heat, add mascarpone a little at a time, whisk to combine.
- Add thickened cream and fold through, mixture should be light & fold over itself in gentle ribbons.
- Dip enough sponge biscuits into coffee to cover the base of shallow casserole dish & drizzle liqueur over sponge biscuits (if using).
- Cover with one-third of the mascarpone mixture & grate a generous amount of chocolate over the top. Repeat layers 2 times, finishing with the mascarpone mixture and grated chocolate to cover the top.
- Rest in the fridge for 1 hr before serving.