This recipe serves 8 people
- 20 g Simon Johnson Dried Porcini
- 75 ml boiling water
- 500 g Simon Johnson Lumaconi Pasta
- 2 T Simon Johnson Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 eschallots, finely diced
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 3 T tarragon leaves, plus extra for garnish
- ½ cups single cream
- ¾ cup Simon Johnson Chicken Stock
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 50 g Parmesan cheese, finely grated
- ¼ cup slivered almonds, toasted
- To make the parmesan crumbs: Preheat oven to 180°C. Place the almonds and parmesan on a baking tray lined with baking paper and cook for 10 minutes or until golden. Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely. Place in a food processor and pulse to a coarse crumb texture. Set aside.
- Place the porcini in a bowl and pour over the boiling water, setting aside for five minutes to infuse. Cook pasta in a large pot of boiling, salted water for 8-10 minutes or until al dente. drain and keep warm.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan over medium heat, add the eschallots and garlic and cook stirring for 2-3 minutes or until soft, add the porcini, cream and stock. Cook stirring for 4-5 minutes or until mixture begins to thicken. Season with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper. Add the cooked pasta and tarragon and toss to combine. Serve topped with parmesan crumbs and extra tarragon.