- 660g El Navarrico Leeks
- 150g Mauri Formaggi Mascarpone
- 3 tbsp Tracklements Dijon Mustard
- ready made frozen puff pastry sheets, standard size 24cm x 24cm
- 75g Will Studd Le Conquerant Butter
- salt & pepper to taste
- fresh thyme
- Preheat oven to 200C on fan force setting. Line a medium sized baking tray with baking paper and set aside.
- Drain the brine from the leeks and discard liquid, place leeks onto a plate.
- Mix mascarpone and dijon mustard in a small mixing bowl and taste, if you prefer more mustard add more according to your preferences.
- Sandwich half the butter between the frozen pastry sheets, place onto lined baking tray. Spread a generous amount of the mascarpone mixture over the top leaving a few centimetres around to camp the edges later and arrange leeks over the dijon cream.
- Fold the edges of the pastry over the edges and crimp to decorate with a fork.
- Season with salt & pepper and dot leeks with a little additional butter if using.
- Bake in the oven for 25-30 mins on a high heat, to allow liquid to evaporate and for leeks to caramelise. Reduce heat to 180C and continue to cook for a further 20 mins in the oven. Base of tart should be crisp and golden, whilst the majority of liquid should have evaporated.
- Garnish with a few thyme sprigs prior to serving and serve tart warm.