Chocolate Self Saucing Pudding
- 0.5 cup Valrhona Guanaja 70% Chocolate Feves
- 125g Le Conquerant unsalted butter
- 1 Norohy Vanilla Pod, split and seeds scraped
- 1.5 cups brown sugar
- Pinch of Tasman Sea Salt
- 2 Kangaroo Island Eggs, lightly whisked
- 0.5 cup full cream milk
- 0.3 cup Valrhona Cocoa Powder
- 1 cup self raising flour
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1.5 cups Freshly boiled water
- icing sugar
- Meander Valley Double Cream
- Preheat oven to 180C on fan force setting, grease a shallow pudding dish and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, melt butter and chocolate in the microwave for approximately a minute. Stir until mixture is smooth and glossy.
- Add scraped vanilla seeds, brown sugar and a pinch of sea salt to the chocolate mixture and stir to combine. Add eggs, milk and continue to mix until a light batter forms.
- Add the cocoa powder and self raising flour to the chocolate mixture and stir until all the ingredients are incorporated and pudding batter is smooth.
- Pour batter into the pre-greased pudding dish. Sprinkle 2 tbsp of brown sugar evenly over the top of the pudding batter and gently pour the freshly boiled water over the top of the batter. You can do this over the back of a tablespoon to allow for a more even flow of the water on top.
- Carefully place pudding dish into the oven and bake for 22-25 mins. Once baked, the pudding should still have a little jiggle in the top.
- Remove from oven and allow pudding to rest for 5 mins. Dust with icing sugar and serve pudding whilst warm with double cream on the side.