Free Standard Delivery for orders over $150.
Raspberry Lamington Cake
Raspberry Lamington Cake
Best made the day before, serve cake cold and chilled.
- 400ml thickened cream
- 500g Valrhona Inspirations Raspberry Feves
- 1kg SIMON JOHNSON Pandoro
- 2 tbsp icing sugar
- 200ml thickened cream, whipped
- 1/2 punnet strawberries halved & sliced
- raspberry ganache as per recipe above
- dried coconut
- [Bain Marie] - Place a heat proof bowl over a pot of gently simmering water. Add 400ml thickened cream for ganache and gently heat to blood temperature.
- Remove bowl from heat and gently stir in raspberry chocolate feves.
- Add bowl back to bain-marie and continue to stir gently over the simmering water, until feves have melted and cream is incorporated into the chocolate.
- Place bowl into the fridge for a minimum of 2-3 hours to allow ganache to cool.
- Once ganache is cold, use an electric beaters to whisk the ganache until it thickens and the mixture holds its own shape.
- Cover bowl with cling wrap and rest in the fridge before assembly, speed up this process by chilling in the freezer.
- Trim Pandoro sponge, removing the top off the cake and cut the sides to form a rectangle. Divide the rectangle into three equal sections.
- Whisk 200ml thickened cream with icing sugar until it reaches the firm peak stage.
- Sandwich the sections of the rectangle using the cream and strawberries, placing the pieces of cake onto a large serving plate.
- For best results, freeze the cake for a minimum of an hour before icing with the chocolate ganache.
- Once cake is firm, cover with an even layer of the chocolate ganache and garnish with coconut.
- Rest cake in the freezer overnight, to allow the layers to firm.
- The following day, remove the cake from the freezer and slice before serving.
SHOP THIS RECIPE
Like this Recipe?
More Delicious Recipes
These eggs pack a punch with the vibrant flavour of our Chermoula Paste. Chermoula is a spicy marinade made with lots of fresh sweet herbs
We’ve taken the classic flavours of summer fruits and combined them into a Lamington cake. With no baking required, make it ahead and freeze
Welcome in the Year of the Rabbit with this quick and easy stir fry, with the familiar flavours of your favourite Asian take-away, treat
This share cookie is the ultimate crowd pleaser. It marries the delicious flavours of Valrhona Guanaja 70% chocolate, with Salidou Salted Butter Caramel Sauce and
Introducing the Inspirations range by Valrhona. This easy no-bake “White Christmas” recipe features the fruity couvertures Yuzu and Raspberry and will put a tingle
Make a meal of the humble mushroom with Perche ci Credo Artichoke & Walnut Bruschetta and That’s Amore Buffalo Ricotta. Light, satisfying and creamy, these are our