- stick blender or food processor to mix rouille optional
- 1 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil we used the PONS green oil
- 1/2 cup fresh fennel sliced,
- 2 x 280ml El Navarrico Cream of Shellfish Broth
- 400g diced blue eye cod or a similar firmer flesh fish
- 300g large green prawns
- 300g fresh black mussels
- pinch PONS Saffron Threads
- 300g SIMON JOHNSON Aioli
- pinch PONS Saffron Threads steeped in 1tsp of water
- 2 El Navarrico Piquillo Peppers
- fresh fennel fronds green tops for garnish
Quick & Easy Bouillabaisse
- Gently heat the EVOO in a large saucepan over a gentle heat. Add fennel and sauté until translucent and fennel has softened.
- Add the cream of shellfish soup, along with a pinch of saffron and simmer over a gentle heat until soup comes to a slow boil.
- Add diced cod and cook for a minute, stirring gently. Add prawns and continue to simmer for a few minutes in the broth. Lastly add the mussels and continue to cook. Once the mussels have opened, switch off the heat.
- Garnish soup with fresh fennel fronds prior to serving with some of our cheat's rouille alongside.
- In a small mixing bowl, add Aioli along with steeped saffron threads and the saffron water. Add two El Navarrico Pimento peppers and mix with a stick blender until smooth and creamy, serve alongside Bouillabaisse.