- 1 kg thick cut pork rashers
- 150ml Dillicious Fiesta del Escabeche Sauce
- 1 cup red cabbage sliced
- 100g fresh corn kernels approx. 1 corn cob
- 0.5 spanish onion diced
- salt & pepper to taste
- PONS Guindillas Peppers
- La Tortilleria Totopos to serve
- few tbsp grated cheese your choice of grated Manchego or Oaxacan (Mexican Cheese)
- fresh coriander for garnish
- Marinate pork rashers in the Escabeche sauce and set aside for 2-3 hours, (or ideally overnight) in the fridge.
- Preheat oven to 200C on fan force setting.
- Prep remainder of fresh ingredients during this time and set aside for the salad to assemble later.
- Transfer pork rashers to a baking tray and cook in the oven for 40 mins. Check pork after 40 mins and reduce heat to 170C for an additional 25 mins. The pork fat should have rendered by this stage and the rashers will have caramelised.
- Cut approximately half the pork rashers into cubes, arrange pork on a sharing platter with whole rashers and cubed pork at the centre.
- Layer Totopos around the edges of the pork and fill the platter with sliced cabbage, corn, diced onion and fresh coriander. Season with a little salt & pepper to taste.
- Chop a few of the Guindillas peppers and scatter them over the salad, or serve additional peppers on the side if preferred.
- Lastly garnish salad with some cheese sprinkled over the top and serve.