Passionfruit Delicious Pudding
- 1.5 cups PONTHIER Passionfruit purée
- 1/3 cup melted butter we suggest Lescure or Le Conquerant
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2/3 cup white sugar
- 3 Kangaroo Island Eggs separate yolks from the whites
- 1/2 cup self raising flour
- icing sugar to garnish
- Tribehou Crème Fraîche to serve
- You will need a medium sized heat proof pudding dish
- Preheat oven to 180C on fan force setting.
- Grease pudding dish with butter, add a 1/2 cup of passionfruit purée to base of the dish and set aside.
- Mix melted butter, sugar and egg yolks in a bowl, stirring as you go to create a smooth batter.
- Add remainder of passionfruit purée, along with the flour and mix again until smooth and all the ingredients are combined.
- Whisk egg whites to the soft peak stage. Gently fold the passionfruit batter through the egg whites a little at a time, mixing lightly to keep as much volume in the batter as possible.
- Spoon batter into the pudding dish over the passionfruit puree and smooth batter out gently with the back of a spoon.
- Bake pudding in the oven for 25mins, until pudding is golden on top.
- Dust with icing sugar and serve pudding whilst warm with a dollop of creme fraiche. (Optional) serve additional passionfruit purée on the side.