Paprika Chicken with Olives & Potatoes
- 1 kg small new potatoes par boiled
- few Garlic cloves to stuff cavity
- 1.25 kg whole chicken leave 30mins per 500g of weight for cooking time
- Pons Green Olive Oil
- Tasman sea salt smoked
- Pons sweet paprika flakes
- 1 brown onion halved
- SIMON JOHNSON Empeltre Olives
- Preheat oven to 180C. Par-boil potatoes for 5 mins in salted water – drain & set aside on roasting tray.
- Stuff cavity of chicken with the garlic cloves.
- Place chicken onto roasting tray with potatoes, drizzle skin with olive oil and season with a generous amount of sea salt.
- Sprinkle paprika flakes over the chicken, covering top, bottom and crevices. Rub into the skin to ensure it is evenly coated all over.
- Add brown onion pieces and scatter olives around the chicken & potatoes.
- Roast in the oven for 1 to 1:25hr depending on the size of your chicken. (As a guide, a whole chicken takes about 30 minutes per 500g of weight to cook in a pre-heated oven at 180°C).
- Once cooked, cover chicken with foil & set aside for 5-10 mins to rest before carving.
- (Optional) spoon the chicken with juices from the pan and sprinkle with more paprika flakes prior to serving.