Papa al Pomodoro
- 660g Monjardin Organic Tomatoes
- Joseph First Run 2021
- 2-3 cloves fresh garlic
- Cravero Parmigianno Reggiano
- 1 cup day old sourdough bread remove all the crust and cut into big chunks
- freshly hand-picked basil to garnish
- salt & freshly cracked pepper to taste
- fresh chilli optional
- In a large pot put plenty of EVOO and the sliced garlic. Saute garlic over a gentle heat to soften, but not to brown it.
- Add the whole peeled tomatoes with all the liquid and continue to cook to reduce the liquid. Lightly break-up the whole tomatoes to release their liquid.
- Remove from the heat and add enough of the bread to soak up the liquid.
- Add plenty of EVOO and the hand-picked fresh basil.
- Serve immediately with a good handful of freshly grated Reggiano and fresh chilli (if using).