Panettone Bread & Butter Pudding
- You will need a 30cm shallow pudding dish
- SIMON JOHNSON Panettone we used approx 500g
- 1/4 cup French cultured butter melted
- 1/2 Norohy vanilla pod split and seeds scraped
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 doz eggs
- 1 & 1/2 cups full cream milk
- icing sugar, to dust
- Meander Valley Dairy Double Cream
- Halve the Panettone and slice into 2cm wide slices. Use a basting brush to brush some melted butter across each slice before arranging on the base of the pudding dish.
- Whisk eggs, sugar and vanilla seeds in a medium mixing bowl until mixture is light and foamy, add milk and whisk to combine. Pour egg mixture over the sliced panettone.
- Bake pudding in the oven for 25 mins at 180C, if the mixture is still wet and too gooey, reduce heat and continue to cook for another 10 mins at 160C if needed. The top of the pudding should be crisp and golden, with just a slight wobble in the bread.
- Remove dish from the oven and dust pudding with icing sugar before serving with some double cream on the side.