Julie's Yoghurt and Citrus Cake
- 185g soft butter
- 220g caster sugar
- finely grated zest from one lemon and one orange
- 1/3 cup each of lemon and orange juice
- 2 Kangaroo Island Eggs
- 150g plain flour
- 60g almond meal
- 1/2tsp baking powder
- 1/2tsp baking soda
- large pinch of salt
- 2/3 cup Meredith Dairy Natural Sheep Milk Yoghurt
- icing sugar to dust
- seasonal fruit
- extra dollop of yoghurt
- Preheat oven to 175C. Butter and flour a 20cm springform pan, and line the bottom and sides with parchment paper.
- With an electric mixer, cream butter, sugar and zest together until light and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time, mixing well.
- Pour in juice and mix again (it will turn lumpy, don’t worry).
- Sieve together flour, almond meal, salt, baking powder and soda, add half of the mixture to the bowl mixing gently to combine. Add yoghurt and mix again.
- Add remaining dry ingredients and combine, don’t overmix or cake will be tough.
- Pour into pan evenly, place in the oven and bake for 30-45 minutes, until a toothpick comes out cleanly.
- Allow cake to cool to room temperature and remove from pan to a serving plate.
- Dust with icing sugar, serve with seasonal fruit and a dollop of yoghurt.