Classic Tea Cake
- 125g French cultured butter
- 1 Norohy Vanilla Pod pod split, seeds scraped
- 1&1/4 cups white sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1/3 cup cup milk
- 1&1/2 cups self-raising flour
- 1/3 cup cornflour
- 2 tbsp Agrimontana Strawberry Jam
- 200ml thickened cream
- 2 tbsp icing sugar plus extra icing sugar to dust cakes
- fresh strawberries to garnish
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Line two 20cm cake tins with baking paper and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl combine butter, vanilla and sugar.
- Cream ingredients together until light and fluffy. Add eggs and milk, stir to combine.
- Add flour and cornflour to bowl and mix until mixture is smooth.
- Divide mixture between the prepared pans.
- Bake for about 25-30 minutes until cakes are golden brown and cooked through.
- Allow cakes to rest before removing them from the cake tins.
- Place on a wire rack to cool and remove paper.
- Whisk cream and icing sugar together to the firm peak stage.
- Sandwich cakes with strawberry jam and cream, reserve some of the cream to spoon on top and garnish with strawberries and icing sugar.