Cherry Chocolate Nougat Tarts
- 250 g flour
- 75 g icing sugar sifted
- 200 g butter cubed
- 2 egg yolks
- 100 g Simon Johnson Peanut Brittle broken into large shards
- 200 g Valrhona Guanaja 70% Chocolate
- 350 g cream
- 30 g glucose
- 2 egg yolks
- 40 g butter
- 200 ml milk
- 210 g Valrhona Guanaja 70% Chocolate
- 15 g glucose
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 jar Agrimontana Amarene Cherries in Syrup
- 2 tbsp Merlot Vinegar
- 1 pkt Simon Johnson Almond Nougat
- For the Pastry - Place icing sugar and flour in food processor. Add butter and pulse for a few seconds. Add yolks pulsing until mix is crumbly. Turn out onto bench then smear across bench with the heel of your hand. Repeat until smooth. Press pecan brittle into pastry, form into a ball and cover. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Roll dough out thinly and line greased tins with pastry. Blind bake for 20 minutes at 170°C.
- For the Chocolate Ganache - Place cream and glucose in a pot and bring to the boil. Pour over the chocolate. Stir until smooth. Stir in yolks. When mixture cools to 40°C stir in butter using a stick blender until smooth. (use while still warm).
- For the Chocolate Glaze - Boil milk and glucose. Pour over chocolate. mix gently. Stir in butter.
- Drain cherries reserving syrup. Add vinegar to syrup. Place cherries in tart cases. Top with ganache. Refrigerate to set. Spread with warm glaze. Chill to set. Top tart with chards of nougat and serve with syrup.