Cashel Blue® Cheese Scones
- 500g Self Raising Flour plus extra to dust
- 1 tsp Sel De Guerande sea salt
- 1 Tbsp Tracklements French Dijon mustard
- 70g Le Conquerant unsalted butter cold
- 125g Cashel Blue® Cheese
- 200ml chilled water
- 1 egg (beaten) to brush the tops of the scones
- Tracklements Original Onion Marmalade
- Pre heat oven to 190C. Place flour, salt and mustard into a large mixing bowl and stir briefly.
- Cut cold butter into small cubes and dust with the flour mixture. Crumble the Cashel Blue® cheese into the mixing bowl and stir to combine.
- Using a bread knife, cut the butter and flour into smaller pieces until it resembles clumps of wet sand - a few larger pieces are fine as they'll add to the flaky texture overall.
- Mix in the chilled water until combined and the dough comes away from the edge of the bowl; be careful not to over handle the dough.
- Tip on to a very lightly floured surface and flatten into a rectangle about 2.5cm high. Cut out with a round cutter (about 4-5cm wide for scones), reshaping as necessary.
- Place scones onto a baking tray and baste top of scones with the beaten egg. Bake for 20-25 mins mins, until a golden brown crust has formed on top.
- Allow to cool slightly on a rack before splitting open and serving with Tracklements Original Onion Jam.